A number of things standout in this video:
- The guest uses the mobile app for many actions - pre-arrival, probably booking, ordering a late check out (LCO) and check out payment authorization
- BUT chooses when he WANTS to interact with the staff - example, requesting meeting room materials.
- The staff is tablet empowered permitting the staff member to be in motion, not stuck behind a desk
- Personally greeting the guest on arrival
- Processing his requests
- Housekeeping staff communicating ready room
The video was made in 2016, so I imagine more changes have been made:
- Integrative mobile payment vs. credit card swipe on the tablet
- Keyless room access vs. key card
- This short video demonstrates today's hotel customer service expectations and how hotels can deliver - supported by digital + mobile devices
- There is still human experience (HX) - when/for what is up to the guest.
This dynamic changes how we hospitality professionals need to think of our hotel operations.
#digitalinnovation #hybridhotels #hx_hospitality